Founded in 1948, Guide Dogs of America has long been a leader in providing guide dogs to blind and visually impaired individuals. Regardless of where you work at Guide Dogs of America, you will contribute to fulfilling our mission. We recognize and support employees’ efforts to develop, expand their knowledge, improve their skills, and assume added responsibility. Yet, the greatest reward comes from knowing that you have a role in assisting blind and visually impaired individuals pursue their goals of greater independence and mobility.
Below are our current employment opportunities:
Part-time position, Wednesday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm, reports to Maintenance
• Self-motivated, independent worker
• Must be physically capable of handling 50lbs.
• Must supply own equipment, fuel & maintenance, as well as tools including but not limited to lawnmowers, chainsaws, brush and weeds trimmers, hand tools such as pruning shears and hedge trimmers, etc.
• Maintain a good DMV record
Duties to include:
• Lawn Care (mow & edge, weed control, fertilization, watering, insect and disease control)
• Ground Covers/Shrubs (trim & edge, weed control, fertilization, watering, insect and disease control)
• Tree Care (trimming, pruning and staking)
• Irrigation Systems (check, evaluate, replace heads & timer controls as needed)
• Clean & maintain graduation area prior to events including the cement & brick areas
• Other duties as may be assigned
Submit resume & letter of interest to HR@guidedogsofamerica.org
Director of Animal Health
Guide Dogs of America is looking for a Director of Animal Health. The ideal candidate would be a licensed Veterinarian in California or a RVT with 10 years of experience within a service dog organization. This is a full-time 32-40 hours per week position, including Saturdays.
The Director of Animal Health position provides the required leadership to the veterinary service program and is under the direction of the Director of Programs. This position is an active part of the management team of Guide Dogs of America, and will be required to lead staff to meet or exceed goals, ensuring humane treatment for all animals.
Contact HR@guidedogsofamerica.org with resume for more details.