Founded in 1948, Guide Dogs of America has long been a leader in providing guide dogs to blind and visually impaired individuals. Regardless of where you work at Guide Dogs of America, you will contribute to fulfilling our mission. We recognize and support employees’ efforts to develop, expand their knowledge, improve their skills, and assume added responsibility. Yet, the greatest reward comes from knowing that you have a role in assisting blind and visually impaired individuals pursue their goals of greater independence and mobility.
Guide Dog Mobility Instructor
Guide Dogs of America is recruiting an experienced and/or qualified Guide Dog Mobility Instructor.
Qualified candidates will meet the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Solid time management and organization skills
- Basic competency with e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Ability to walk up to 8 miles each day
- Ability to safely handle a variety of large breed dogs, with varying strength and manageability
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lb, as well as to stoop, bend, squat, etc.
- Have completed an Apprenticeship and are already Qualified by a Guide Dog School and are able to become Licensed in California within a year or are already Licensed by the State of California
- Current Driver’s License and an insurable driving record.
- High School graduate or GED.
Full Time Benefits
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vesting into Pension Plan
- Able to contribute to a 401k retirement plan
About Guide Dogs of America
At Guide Dogs of America, all of our volunteers, donors, clients and staff share a belief that we don’t just train guide dogs, we inspire others to live their lives. Guide Dogs of America places more than 50 dogs each year, serves more than 300 graduates across the U.S. and Canada and has been enriching the lives of others for more than 65 years.
Guide Dogs of America is located in Sylmar, CA a suburb of Los Angeles. Southern California living offers something for just about anyone. Close to beaches and skiing, Disneyland and Universal Studios, 7 professional sports franchises, world class universities and colleges and so much more.
Guide Dogs of America is a “Best” award recipient of the Independent Charities of America. Our guide dogs are provided at no cost to our clients and our program receives no federal, state or local government funding. Guide Dogs of America is an accredited member of the International Guide Dog Federation, the California State Board of Guide Dogs for the Blind and Assistance Dog International.
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org