Guide Dogs of America is proud to announce that we are an official charity partner of the 2019 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon.
Never run a marathon? Well now is a great chance to cross it off the ol’ bucket list. Maybe you draw comparisons to Forest Gump and run every 5k, Marathon, and Iron Man in sight. Either way we want YOU to be a part of OUR team. Did you know that every one in four deaths in the United states are related to heart disease? Additionally, according to the World Health Organization every five seconds one person in the world goes blind. By choosing to participate in the 2019 Los Angeles marathon you can reduce your risk for heart disease and help provide someone who desperately needs a guide dog a new companion.
As a 501-c3 we receive zero government funding and rely on people like you to continue to make our program possible. There’s endless hours of training and kibble that goes into making our guide dogs some of the best in the country. Every guide dog produced by Guide Dogs of America costs our program approximately $48,000. With that said, our guide dogs truly make a difference in our graduates lives, empowering them to live with greater confidence, mobility, and independence. Let’s make this happen and truly make a difference together!
Why Run for Team Guide Dogs of America?
- Guaranteed bib for the LA Marathon
- FREE Official Guide Dog of America T-Shirt
- LA Marathon Finisher’s Medal, you earned it!
- Course support on race day. Who wouldn’t want puppies barking for them all along the race route!
- Fundraising support to help you reach your goals
- Personal fundraising code and webpage
- Raise $999.00 and you can opt to have your race fee reimbursed by GDA
- Meet new friends and help people in need receive a highly trained, expertly matched guide dog
- Improve your personal health!
What are you waiting for? We are already running. Click the link below to get started!
*Please do not register on the LA Marathon website, register through our page first and we will send you an email detailing the rest of the process.
** Minimum fundraising requirement set by the Los Angeles Marathon is $650. If you fail to meet this goal it hurts our standing/reputation with the marathon and could result in us no longer being able to be a partner charity with them.
Still need more convincing or have questions? You can contact our race captain Zack Gittlen! Phone: 818-833-6426 or email: ZAGittlen@guidedogsofamerica.org