Join Our Team
Founded in 1948, Guide Dogs of America has long been a leader in providing guide dogs to individuals who are blind and/or visually impaired. Regardless of where you work at Guide Dogs of America, you will contribute to fulfilling our mission. We recognize and support employees’ efforts to develop, expand their knowledge, improve their skills, and assume added responsibility. Yet, the greatest reward comes from knowing that you have a role in assisting blind and visually impaired individuals pursue their goals of greater independence and mobility.
Seasonal Part-Time Cook
- Under the supervision of the Head Chef prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts from the menu provided.
- Maintain an awareness of each client’s dietary restrictions
- Maintain a kitchen cleaning scheduled for all equipment
- Assist in meal and menu planning, ordering and maintaining inventory of food and supplies
- Assists with the preparation, set-up, service and clean-up of special events
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency relating to food safety and handling procedures
- Uses proper storage techniques when storing dry goods, including proper labeling and rotation of all ingredients to prevent food waste
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for groups of 10 or more
- Current ServSafe Certification
- Knowledge of food service standards
- Ability to work independently and part of the team
- Strong communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and able to be insured
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and stand for extended periods
- Punctual and maintains a good attendance record
Please contact Kris Wallace at KDWallace@GuideDogsofAmerica.org
About Guide Dogs of America
At Guide Dogs of America, all of our volunteers, donors, clients and staff share a belief that we don’t just train guide dogs, we inspire others to live their lives. Guide Dogs of America places more than 50 dogs each year, serves more than 300 graduates across the U.S. and Canada and has been enriching the lives of others for 70 years.
Guide Dogs of America is a Four Star Charity of Charity Navigator and a “Best” award recipient of the Independent Charities of America and earned the 2020 Platinum Seal of Transparency from Guide Star. Our guide dogs are provided at no cost to our clients and our program receives no federal, state or local government funding. Guide Dogs of America is an accredited member of the International Guide Dog Federation and Assistance Dog International.